Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Different Faces

  1. #1
    Inactive Member mspenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Funny, I was just looking at those auctions too. I kept thinking it was strange how different they look when several of the same dolls were next to each other. Are the different face molds from different years? I don't see how a mold can produce such different looking faces. Are the molds possibly not exact duplicates of one another? [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

    It was a fun auction to look at, and be able to compare different faces. My daughter and her friend just had a great laugh, laughing at the Samantha with the chopped off hair. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Great topic! I am, also not trying to discuss or demeanor the seller, just curious in the differences. I had just never noticed them that much until I saw those auctions.

    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ January 16, 2006 01:15 AM: Message edited by: mspenny ]</font></font>

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 16, 2006 01:16 AM: Message edited by: mspenny ]</font>

  2. #2
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by mspenny:
    Are the molds possibly not exact duplicates of one another? [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You guessed it. They have made atleast 6 or 7 versions of the "classic" mold, and 2 or more of most other molds (Addy, Josefina, AGT4 etc). Molds break or wear out and a new one has to be made/sculpted. There have also been multiple molds for the limbs over the years.

    They all have subtle differances from one another. Put an 86 white body Samantha and a 2005 Samantha together and you REALLY see it, even if you ignore the hair and eye differances.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 16, 2006 02:08 AM: Message edited by: GreyMyst ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member bgeurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    630
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was just looking on ebay in the newly listed auctions and found a person who has about 13 doll listed, now this is in no way meant to demean the seller, I was just noticing all the different looks on the dolls faces. Some of them don't even look like AG but when you see the close ups they are. We always talk about how different the same doll can look now I can see alittle bit of that. When you look at his other auctions and all 13 are looking at you no two alike look the same. This post is not to discuss the condition of the dolls, just the differences in there beautiful faces. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •